Was andere dazu sagen - Rezension schreiben
Es wurden keine Rezensionen gefunden.
Andere Ausgaben - Alle anzeigen
Acres Beacon Hill beds bench-mark Branch bridge brook canal changes Church spire City close Coast Survey Coastal plain considerable corner course covered creek crest Cretaceous cross cut cycle Delaware deposition developed direction drainage east Eleva elevation erosion extended Falls farther feet flat flowing formation front highest Highlands Hill Island Jersey Kittatinny lake land later less lower marked miles monument Morris Mount mountain nearly northeast northern northwest observations Passaic peneplain Pensauken Plate plateau pond population portion present probably rail at crossing railroad range Raritan reached region Report represents result ridge rise river road rock running sand Second shows side slope southeast southwest corner station stone streams street submergence summit surface topographic Triassic United States Coast uplift valley village West Jersey western York
Seite 22 - Island, and bounded on the east part by the main sea and part by Hudson's River, and hath upon the west Delaware Bay or river, and extendeth southward to the main ocean as far as Cape May, at the mouth of Delaware Bay, and to the northward as far as the northernmost...
Seite 22 - Hudson's River, and hath upon the west Delaware Bay or river, and extendeth southward to the main ocean as far as Cape May, at the mouth of Delaware Bay, and to the northward as far as the northernmost branch of the said bay or river of Delaware, which is forty-one degrees and forty minutes of latitude...
Seite 149 - ... setting off of Morris county, in 1 738-9. Somerset and Middlesex have been but little changed since 1713-14, and in the same year Monmouth was made to include what is now Monmouth and Ocean counties. Cumberland was set off from Salem in 1748, the latter county remaining otherwise as created in 1 709. Sussex county was formed, containing what is now Sussex and Warren, in 1753. Warren was erected in 1824, Passaic and Atlantic in 1837, Mercer in 1838, Hudson in 1840, Camden in 1844, from Gloucester;...
Seite 88 - Eleva., 420.04 ft. A cross cut in the bluestone porch of the First Baptist Church. The point is near the west end of the westerly of the two front entrances. TUTTLE'S. Eleva., 757.25 ft.
Seite 177 - ... taken with the solar compass. The readings of the solar compass were thus checked, and so at the next locality it could be used alone and two localities could be occupied in one day, or in case the stars were obscured the work could proceed without loss of time, as the solar apparatus would be again checked at the first favorable opportunity. In this way observations were obtained at 121 localities within a period of six weeks by two working parties.
Seite 70 - M. XI. PERTH AMBOY. USCS . . . Eleva., 7.782 ft. This bench-mark is between Perth and South Amboy, on one of the piers of the long bridge across Raritan bay. It is on the pier on which the north end of the draw-bridge rests (east side of track), and is, as usual, the bottom surface of a square cavity, 1 inch square and one-half inch deep. F. It is marked thus — B.
Seite 70 - Eleva., 63.860 ft. This bench-mark is the bottom surface of a square cavity (1 inch square by one-third inch deep), cut on top of stone abutment at northwest corner of a small iron railroad bridge, about 150 meters (492" feet) east of South Plainfield station of Lehigh Valley railroad. It is marked thus — B. HH M. WOODBRIDGE Eleva., 22.85 ft. A cross cut on the water-table at the northeast corner of the Methodist church ; over the corner-stone bearing the date
Seite 72 - S Eleva., 38.499 ft. This bench-mark is the bottom surface of a cavity cut in center of top of a marble post set in the ground in the yard of the house of Rev. BF Leipner, at Red Bank, NJ The marble post is over 5 feet in length, and buried so that the top projects about 5 inches above the surface of the ground. The house of Mr. Leipner stands at southwest corner of Monmouth and Pearl streets. The bench-mark is close to southeast corner of the house. The top of stone bears the following inscription...
Seite 75 - This monument (No. 3) is erected according to the description already given (page 14, report 1885), but its top is placed even with the surface of ground. It is located on the lot of Life Saving Station No. 5, West End, and is placed at a distance of 10 feet, measured perpendicularly from the middle of the west end of station building.