« ZurückWeiter »
ELLESMERE'S (LORD) Two Sieges of Vienna by the Turks. Translated from the German. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
-- Second Campaign of Radetzky in Piedmont. The Defence of Temeswar and the Camp of the Ban. From the German. Post 8vo. 68. 6d.
-- Life and Character of the Duke of Wellington ; Fcap. 8vo. 60.
Campaign of 1812 in Russia, from the German of General Carl von Clausewitz. Map. 8vo. 10s. 6d.
Pilgrimage, and other Poems. Crown 4to. 24s.
- Essays on History, Biography, Geography, and Engineering. 8vo. 128. ELPHINSTONE'S (Hon. MOUNTSTUART) History of India—the
Hindoo and Mahomedan Periods. Fourth Edition. With an Index.
Map. 8vo. 188. ELWIN'S (Rev. W.) Lives of Eminent British Poets. From
Chaucer to Wordsworth. 4 Vols. 8vo. In Preparation. ENGLAND (HISTORY OF) from the Peace of Utrecht to the Peace
of Versailles, 1713-83. By LORD MAHON. Library Edition, 7 Vols. 8vo, 938.; or, Popular Edition, 7 Vols. Post 8vo. 358.
- From the First Invasion by the Romans, down to the 14th year of Queen Victoria's Reign. By MRS. MARKHAM. 98th Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 68.
- As It Is : Social, Political, and Industrial, in the 19th Century. By W. Johnston. 2 Vols, Post 8vo. 188.
- and France under the House of Lancaster. With an
Introductory View of the Early Reformation. Second Edition. 8vo. 158. ENGLISHWOMAN IN AMERICA. Post 8vo. 108. 6d.
-------- RUSSIA: or, Impressions of Manners and Society during a Ten Years' Residence in that country. Fifth
Thousand. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 108. 6d. ERSKINE'S (CAPT., R.N.) Journal of a Cruise among the Islands
of the Western Pacific, including the Fejees, and others inhabited by
the Polynesian Negro Races. Plates. 8vo. 16s. ESKIMAUX (THE) and English Vocabulary, for the use of Travellers
in the Arctic Regions. 16mo. 3s. 6d. ESSAYS FROM “THE TIMES.” Being a Selection from the
LITERARY PAPERS which have appeared in that Journal. 7th Thousand.
2 vols. Fcap. 8vo. 88. EXETER'S (BISHOP OF) Letters to the late Charles Butler, on the
Theological parts of his Book of the Roman Catholic Church; with
parts of the Evidence of Dr. Doyle. Second Edition. 8vo. 163. FAIRY RING (THE), A Collection of Tales and Stories for Young
Persons. From the German. By J. E. TAYLOR. Illustrated by RICHARD
DOYLE. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. FALKNER'S (FRED.) Muck Manual for the Use of Farmers. A
Treatise on the Nature and Value of Manures. Second Edition, with a
Glossary of Terms and an Index. Fcap. 8vo. 58. FAMILY RECEIPT-BOOK. A Collection of a Thousand Valuable
and Useful Receipts. Fcap. 8vo. 58. 6d.
FANCOURT'S (COL.) History of Yucatan, from its Discovery
to the Close of the 17th Century. With Map. 8vo. 10s. 6d. FEATHERSTONHAUGH'S (G. W.) Tour through the Slave States
of North America, from the River Potomac, to Texas and the Frontiers
ef Mexico. Plates. 2 Vols. 8vo. 268. FELLOWS' (SIR CHARLES) Travels and Researches in Asia Minor,
more particularly in the Province of Lydia. New Edition. Plates. Post
8vo. 98. FERGUSSON'S (JAMES) Palaces of Nineveh and Persepolis
Restored ; an Essay on Ancient Assyrian and Persian Architecture.
- Handbook of Architecture. Being a Concise and Popular Account of the Different Styles prevailing in all Ages and Countries in the World. With a Description of the most re
markable Buildings. Fourth Thousand. With 850 Illustrations. 8vo. 26s. FERRIER'S (T. P.) Caravan Journeys in Persia, Affghanistan,
Herat, Turkistan, and Beloochistan, with Descriptions of Meshed, Balk, and Candahar, and Sketches of the Nomade Tribes of Central A
made Tribes of Central Asia. Second Edition. Map. Svo, 21s.
- History of the Afghans. Map. 8vo. 218. FEUERBACH'S Remarkable German Crimes and Trials. Trans
lated from the German by Lady DUFF GORDON. 8vo. 125. FISHER'S (Rev. GEORGE) Elements of Geometry, for the Use of
Schools. Fifth Edition. 18mo. 1s. 6d.
- First Principles of Algebra, for the Use of Schools.
Fifth Edition. 18mo. 1s. 6d. FLOWER GARDEN (THE). An Essay. By Rev. Thos. JAMES.
Reprinted from the “Quarterly Review." Fcap. 8vo. 13. FORD'S (RICHARD) Handbook for Spain, Andalusia, Ronda, Valencia,
Catalonia, Granada, Gallicia, Arragon, Navarre, &c. Third Edition. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 308.
Gatherings from Spain. Post 8vo. 6s.
I. The Grand Remonstrance, 1641. I IV. Daniel De Foe.
VII. Samuel Foote.
2 Vols. Post 8vo. 218. FORSYTH'S (WILLIAM) Hortensius, or the Advocate: an Historical
Essay on the Office and Duties of an Advocate. Post 8vo. 12s.
- History of Napoleon at St. Helena. From the Letters and Journals of Sir Hudson LOWE. Portrait and Maps. 3 Vols.
8vo. 458. FORTUNE'S (ROBERT) Narrative of Two Visits to China, between
the years 1843-52, with full Descriptions of the Culture of the Tea Plant. Third Edition. Woodcuts. 2 Vols. Post Svo. 18s.
- Residence among the Chinese : Inland, on the
Coast, and at Sea, during 1853-56. Woodcuts. 8vo. 16s. FRANCE (HISTORY OF). From the Conquest by the Gauls to the
Death of Louis Philippe. By Mrs. MARKHAM. 56th Thousand. Woodcuts. 12mo. 6s.
FRENCH (THE) in Algiers; The Soldier of the Foreign Legion
and the Prisoners of Abd-el-Kadir. Translated by Lady DUFF GORDON.
Post Svo. 2s.6d. GALTON'S (FRANCIS) Art of Travel ; or, Hints on the Shifts and
Contrivances available in Wild Countries. Second Edition. Wood.
cuts. Post Svo. 6s. GEOGRAPHICAL (THE) Journal. Published by the Royal Geo
graphical Society of London. 8vo. GERMANY (HISTORY OF). From the Invasion by Marius, to the
present time. On the plan of Mrs. MARKHAM. Ninth Thousand. Woodcuts.
12mo. 68. GIBBON'S (EDWARD) Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. A
New Edition. Preceded by his Autobiography. Edited with Notes by Dr. WM. SMITH. Maps. 8 Vols. 8vo. 60s.
- The Student's Gibbon; Being the History of the Decline and Fall, Abridged, incorporating the Researches of Recent Commentators. By Dr. WM. SMITH. Sixth Thousand. Woodcuts. Post
Svo. 78. 6d. GIFFARD'S (EDWARD) Deeds of Naval Daring; or, Anecdotes of
the British Navy. 2 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. GISBORNE’S (Thomas) Essays on Agriculture. Third Edition.
Post 8vo. GLADSTONE'S (W. E.) Prayers arranged from the Liturgy for
Family Use. Second Edition. 12mo. 2s.6d. GOLDSMITH'S (OLIVER) Works. A New Edition. Printed from
the last editions revised by the Author. Edited by PETER CUNNING
M. Vignettes. 4 Vols. 8vo. 30s. (Murray's British Classics.) GLEIG'S (REV. G. R.) Campaigns of the British Army at Washing
ton and New Orleans. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
- Narrative of Sir Robert Sale's Brigade in Afghanistan,
Life of Robert Lord Clive. Post 8vo. 58. - Life and Letters of General Sir Thomas Munro. Post
8vo. 58. GORDON'S (SIR ALEX. DUFF) Sketches of German Life, and Scenes
from the War of Liberation. From the German. Post Svo. 68.
-- (LADY DUFF) Amber-Witch : the most interesting Trial for Witchcraft ever known. From the German. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
- French in Algiers. 1. The Soldier of the Foreign Legion. 2. The Prisoners of Abd-el-Kadir. From the French. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
--Remarkable German Crimes and Trials. From the
German of Fuerbach. 8vo. 12s. GRANT'S (ASAHEL) Nestorians, or the Lost Tribes ; containing
Evidence of their Identity, their Manners, Customs, and Ceremonies ; with Sketches of Travel in Ancient Assyria, Armenia, and Mesopotamia; and Illustrations of Scripture Prophecy. Third Edition. Fcap 8ve6s.
GRENVILLE (THE) PAPERS. Being the Public and Private
Correspondence of George Grenville, his Friends and Contemporaries, during a period of 30 years. - Including his DIARY OF POLITICAL EVENTS while First Lord of the Treasury. Edited, with Notes, by
W.J. SMITH. 4 Vols. 8vo. 168. each. GREEK GRAMMAR FOR SCHOOLS. Abridged from Matthiæ.
By the BISHOP OF LONDON. Ninth Edition, revised by Rev. J. EDWABDS.
12mo. 3s. GREY'S (SIR GEORGE) Polynesian Mythology, and Ancient
Traditional History of the New Zealand Race. Woodcuts. Post
8vo. 108.6d. GROTE'S (GEORGE) History of Greece. From the Earliest Times
to the close of the generation contemporary with the death of Alexander
the Great. Third Edition. Maps and Index. 12 vols. 8vo. 16s. each. GROSVENOR'S (LORD ROBERT) Leaves from my Journal during
the Summer of 1851. Second Edition. Plates. Post 8vo. 38. 6d. GUSTAVUS VASA (History of), King of Sweden. With Extracts
from his Correspondence. Portrait. 8vo. 108. 6d. HALLAM'S (HENRY) Constitutional History of England, from the
Accession of Henry the Seventh to the Death of George the Second.
History of Europe during the Middle Ages.
- Introduction to the Literary History of Europe, during the 16th, 17th, and 18th Centuries. Pourth Edition. 3 Vols. 8vo. 368,
- Literary Essays and Characters. Selected from the last work. Fcap. 8vo. 28.
--- Historical Works Containing the History of England, -The Middle Ages of Europe,-and the Literary History of
Europe. Complete Edition. 10 Vols.' Post 8vo. 6s. each. HAMILTON'S (JAMES) Wanderings in Northern Africa, Benghazi, Cyrene, the Oasis of Siwah, &c. Second Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 12s.
- (Walter) Hindostan, Geographically, Statistically,
and Historically. Map. 2 Vols. 4to. 94s. 6d. HAMPDEN'S (BISHOP) Essay on the Philosophical Evidence of
Christianity, or the Credibility obtained to a Scripture Revelation
from its Coincidence with the Facts of Nature. 8vo. Os. 6d. HARCOURT'S (EDWARD VERNON) Sketch of Madeira; with Map
and Plates. Post 8vo. 8s. 6d. HART'S ARMY LIST. Quarterly and Annually.) 8vo. HAY'S (J. H. DRUMMOND) Western Barbary, its wild Tribes and
savage Animals. Post 8vo. 2s.6d. HEBER (BISHOP) Parish Sermons; on the Lessons, the Gospel,
or the Epistle, for every Sunday in the Year, and for Week-day Festivals.
- Poetical Works. Fifth Edition. Portrait. Fcap. 8vo.
HAND-BOOK OF TRAVEL-TALK; or, Conversations in
English, German, French, and Italian. 18mo. 38. 6d. - NORTH GERMANY-HOLLAND, BELGIUM, and the Rhine to Switzerland. Map. Post 8vo. 10s.
- SOUTH GERMANY–Bavaria, Austria, Salzberg, the Austrian and Bavarian Alps, the Tyrol, and the Danube, from Ulm to the Black Sea. Map. Post 8vo. 10s.
--- PAINTING - the German, Flemish, and Dutch Schools: From the German of KUGLER. A New Edition. Edited by DR. WAAGEN. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. (In the Press.)
- SWITZERLAND-the Alps of Savoy, and Piedmont. Maps. Post 8vo. 98.
FRANCENormandy, Brittany, the French Alps, the Rivers Loire, Seine, Rhone, and Garonne, Dauphiné, Provence, and the Pyrenees. Maps. Post 8vo. 108.
- SPAIN-Andalusia, Ronda, Granada, Valencia, Catalonia, Gallicia, Arragon, and Navarre. Maps. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 30s.
- PORTUGAL, LISBON, &c. Map. Post 8vo. 98.
PAINTING-SPANISH AND FRENCH SCHOOLS. By SIR EDMUND HEAD, Babt. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 128.
- NORTH ITALY-Florence, Sardinia, Genoa, the Riviera, Venice, Lombardy, and Tuscany. Map. Post 8vo. 2 Vols. 128.
- CENTRAL ITALY-South TUSCANY and the PAPAL STATES. Map. Post 8vo. 78.
--- ROME—AND ITS ENVIRONS. Map. Post 8vo. 9s. - SOUTH ITALY-Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Vesuvius, &c. Map. Post 8vo. 10s.
- SICILY. Map. Post 8vo. (In the Press.)
PAINTING—the Italian Schools. From thé German of KUGLER. Edited by Sir CHARLES EASTLAKE, R. A. Woodcuts. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 308.
ITALIAN PAINTERS: (A Short BIOGRAPHICAL DICTIONARY OF.) With a Chart. Post 8vo. 6s.6d. -------- GREECE- the Ionian Islands, Albania, Thessaly, and Macedonia. Maps. Post 8vo. 15s.
TURKEY-MALTA, ASIA MINOR, CONSTANTINOPLE, Armenia, Mesopotamia, &c. Maps. Post 8vo.
_ EGYPT_Thebes, the Nile, Alexandria, Cairo, the Pyramids, Mount Sinai, &c. Map. Post 8vo. 158.
- SYRIA AND PALESTINE; the Peninsula of Sinai, Edom, and the Syrian Desert. Maps. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 24s.
- INDIA.—Part 1. Bombay and Madras. Map. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 24s.
DENMARK—Norway and SWEDEN. Maps. Post 8vo. 15s.
- RUSSIA_THE BALTIC AND FINLAND. Maps. Post 8vo. 128.