« ZurückWeiter »
BLACKSTONE'S (Sir WILLIAM) Commentaries on the Laws of
England. A New Edition, adapted to the present state of the law. By
--- (The Student's Blackstone:) Being those Portions of the above work which relate to the BRITISH CONSTITUTION and the
RIGATS OF Persons. By R. MALCOLM KERR, LLD. Post 8vo. 98. BLAINE (ROBERTON) on the Laws of Artistic Copyright and their
Defects, for Artists, Engravers, Printsellers, &c. 8vo. 3s. 6d. BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER. With 1000 Illustrations of
Borders, Initials, and Woodcut Vignettes. A New Edition. Medium
8vo. 21s. cloth, 318. 6d. calf, or 42s. morocco. BOSWELL'S (JAMES) Life of Dr. Johnson. Including the Tour to
the Hebrides. Edited by Mr. CROKER. Third Edition. Portraits. Royal
8vo. 158. BORROW'S (GEORGE) Lavengro; The Scholar—The Gipsy-and
the Priest. Portrait. 3 Vols. Post 8vo. 308.
- Romany Rye; a Sequel to Lavengro. Second Edition. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 215.
- Bible in Spain; or the Journeys, Adventures, and Imprisonments of an Englishman in an Attempt to circulate the Scriptures in the Peninsula. 3 Vols. Post Svo. 278., or Popular Edition 16mo, 6s.
-- Zincali, or the Gipsies of Spain; their Manners, Customs, Religion, and Language. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 18s., or Popular
Edition, 16mo, 6s. BRAY'S (Mrs.) Life of Thomas Stothard, R.A. With Personal
Reminiscences. Illustrated with Portrait and 60 Woodcuts of his
chief works. 4to. BREWSTER'S (Sır DAVID) Martyrs of Science, or the Lives of Galileo, Tycho Brahe, and Kepler. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 48. 6d.
- More Worlds than One. The Creed of the Philosopher and the Hope of the Christian. Seventh Thousand. Post 8vo. 6s.
--- Stereoscope : its History, Theory, Construction, and Application to the Arts and to Education. Woodcuts. 12mo. 58. 6.
- Kaleidoscope: its History, Theory, and Construction, with its application to the Fine and Useful Arts. Second Edition.
Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 58. 6d. BRITISH ASSOCIATION REPORTS. 8vo. York and Oxford,
1831-32, 138. 6d. Cambridge, 1833, 12s. Edinburgh, 1834, 158. Dublin, 1835, 138. 6d. Bristol, 1836, 128. Liverpool, 1837, 16s. 6d. Newcastle, 1838, 158. Birmingham, 1839, 13s. 64. Glasgow, 1810, 158. Plymouth, 1841, 138. 6d. Manchester, 1842, 108. 6d. Cork, 1843, 12s. York, 1844. 203. Cambridge, 1845, 12s. Southampton, 1846, 158. Oxford, 1847, 18s. Swansea, 1848, 98. Birmingham, 1849, 10s. Edinburgh, 1850, 158. Ipswich, 1851, 16s. 6d. Belfast, 1852, 153. Hull, 1853, 108. 6d. Liverpool, 1854, 18s. Glasgow, 1855, 153.; Cheltenham 1856, 188; Dublin, 1857, 158.
1836. 128. ' Liverpool, 1894910. 155. Plymouth,
BRITISH CLASSICS. A New Series of Standard English
Authors, printed from the most correct text, and edited with elucidatory notes. Published occasionally in demy Svo. Volumes.
Already Published. GOLDSMITH'S WORKS. Edited by PETER CUNNINGHAM, F.S.A.
Vignettes. 4 Vols. 30s GIBBON'S DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE.
Edited by WILLIAM SMITH, LL.D. Portrait and Maps. 8 Vols. 60s. JOHNSON'S LIVES OF THE ENGLISH POETS. Edited by PETER
CUNNINGHAM, F.S.A. 3 Vols. 22s. 60.
by John FORSTER. WORKS OF SWIFT. Edited, with Notes. By John FORSTER.
WORKS OF ADDISON. Edited, with Notes. By Rev. W. ELWIN. BROUGHTON'S (LORD) Journey through Albania and other
Provinces of Turkey in Europe and Asia, to Constantinople, 1809–10.
- ITALY: Remarks made in several Visits from the Year 1816 to 1854. 2 vols. Post 8vo. BUBBLES FROM THE BRUNNEN OF NASSAU. By an Old
Man. Sixth Edition. 16mo. 58. BUNBURY'S (C. J. F.) Journal of a Residence at the Cape of Good
Hope; with Excursions into the Interior, and Notes on the Natural
History and Native Tribes of the Country. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 98. BUNYAN (John) and Oliver Cromwell. Select Biographies. By
ROBERT SOUTHEY. Post Svo. 2s.6d. BUONAPARTE’S (NAPOLEON) Confidential Correspondence with his
Brother Josepb, sometime King of Spain. Second Edition. 2 vols. 8vo.
26s. BURGHERSH'S (LORD) Memoir of the Operations of the Allied
Armies under Prince Schwarzenberg and Marshal Blucher during the latter end of 1813–14. 8vo. 21s.
--- Early Campaigns of the Duke of Wellington in Portugal and Spain. 8vo. 88.6d. BURGON'S (Rev. J. W.) Portrait of a Christian Gentleman : a
Memoir of the late Patrick Fraser Tytler, author of "The History of
Scotland." 8vo. In the Press. BURN'S (LIEUT-COL.) French and English Dictionary of Nava!
and Military Technical Terms. Third Edition. Crown 8vo. 158. BURNS (ROBERT) Life. By John GIBSON LOCKHART. Fifth
Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 38. BURR’S (G. D.) Instructions in Practical Surveying, Topogra
phical Plan Drawing, and on sketching ground without Instruments, Third Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 7s. 6d.
BUXTON'S (SIR FOWELL) Memoirs. With Selections from his
Correspondence. By his Son. Fifth Edition. 8vo. 168.; or, Popular
Edition. Post 8vo. 88.6d. BYRON'S (LORD) Life, Letters, and Journals. By Thomas MOORE.
Cabinet Edition. Plates. 6 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 188. ------- Life, Letters, and Journals. By Thomas MOORE. Popular
Edition. Portrait and Vignette. One Volume, royal 8vo. 12s.
- Poetical Works. Library Edition. Portrait. 6 Vols. Demy 8vo. 45s.
· Poetical Works. Cabinet Edition. Plates. 10 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 30s. --- Poetical Works. People's Edition. Portrait and Steel Engravings. Royal 8vo. 9s.
- Poetical Works. Travelling Edition. Printed in small but beautifully clear type. Portrait. Crown 8vo. 93. ---- Poetical Works. Pocket Edition Containing Childe IIarold; Dramas, 2 Vols.; Tales and Poems; Miscellanies, 2 Vols.; Beppo and Don Juan, 2 Vols. S Vols. 24mo. 203. Or, separately, 2s. 60, Each volume. ---- Childe Harold's Pilgrimage. A New and beautifully printed Edition. Illustrated, with Wood Engravings, from original Drawings by PercivAL SKELTON. Fcap. 4to. 215.
Illustrated with 30 Steel Vignettes.
Crown 8vo. 10s. 6d. BYRON Beauties. Poetry and Prose. A Reading Book for Youth.
Portrait. Fcap. 8vo. 38. 6d. CALVIN'S (John) Life. With Extracts from his Correspondence.
By THOMAS H. DYER. Portrait. 8vo. 158. CALLCOTT'S (LADY) Little Arthur's History of England.
18th Edition. With 20 Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 2s.6d. CARMICHAEL'S (A. N.) Greek Verbs. Their Formations,
Irregularities, and Defects. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 88.6d. CARNARVONS (LORD) Portugal, Gallicia, and the Basque
Provinces. From Notes made during a Journey to those Countries.
Third Edition. Post 8vo. 68. CAMPBELL'S (LORD) Lives of the Lord Chancellors and Keepers
of the Great Seal of England. From the Earliest Times to the Death of Lord Eldon in 1838. 4th Edition. 10 Vols. Crown 8vo. 6s. each.
- Life of Lord Chancellor Bacon. Fcap. 8vo. 28. 6d.
- Lives of the Chief Justices of England. From the Norman Conquest to the Death of Lord Tenterden. Second Edition. 3 Vols. 8vo. 428.
-- (GEORGE) Modern India. A Sketch of the System of Civil Government. With some Account of the Natives and Native Institutions. Second Edition. 8vo. 16s.
- India as it may be. An Outline of a proposed Government and Policy. 8vo. 12s.
---- (Thos.) Short Lives of the British Poets. With an Essay on English Poetry. Post 8vo. 6s.
CASTLEREAGH (THE) DESPATCHES, from the commencement
of the official career of the late Viscount Castlereagh to the close of his
life. Edited by the MARQUIS OF LONDONDEREY. 12 Vols. 8vo. 14s. each. CATHCARTS (Sir GEORGE) Commentaries on the War in Russia
and Germany, 1812-13. Plans. 8vo. 14s.
- Military Operations in Kaffraria, which led to the
Termination of the Kaiħr War. Second Edition. 8vo. 128. CAVALCASELLE (G. B.) Notices of the Early Flemish Painters;
Their Lives and Works. Woodcuts. Post Svo. 128. CHANTREY (Sir Francis). Winged Words on Chantrey's Wood
cocks. Edited by Jas. P. MUIRNEAD. Etchings. Square Svo. 10s. 6d. CHARMED ROE (THE); or, The Story of the Little Brother and
Sister, By OTTO SPECKTER. Plates. 16mo. 58. CLARENDON (LORD CHANCELLOR); Lives of his Friends and
Contemporaries, illustrative of Portraits in his Gallery. By Lady
THERESA Lewis. Portraits. 3 Vols. 8vo. 428. CLAUSEWITZ'S (Carl Von) Campaign of 1812, in Russia,
Translated from the German by LORD ELLESMERE. Map. 8vo. 10s. 6d. CLIVE'S (LORD) Life. By Rev. G. R. GLEIG, M.A. Post 8vo. 68. COLERIDGE (SAMUEL TAYLOR). Specimens of his Table-Talk. Fourth Edition. Portrait. Fcap. 8vo. 6s.
- (HENRY Nelson) Introductions to the Study of the Greek Classic Poets. Third Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 5s. 6d. COLONIAL LIBRARY. [See Home and Colonial Library.] COOKERY (DOMESTIC). Founded on Principles of Economy and
Practical Knowledge, and adapted for Private Families. New Edition.
Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 58.
American War,- Administrations in India, - Union with Ireland, and
3 Vols. Svo. 63s. CRABBE'S (Rev. GEORGE) Life, Letters, and Journals. By his Son. Portrait. Fcap. 8vo. 3s.
----- and Poetical Works. Cabinet Edition. Plates. 8 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 24s.
-------- and Poetical Works. Popular Edition. Plates. One Volume. Royal 8vo. 108.6d. CRAIK'S (G. L.) Pursuit of Knowledge under Difficulties.
New Edition. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 128. CURZON'S (Hon. Robert) Visits to the Monasteries of the Levant.
Fourth Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 158.
- ARMENIA AND ERZEROUM. A Year on the Frontiers of Russia, Turkey, and Persia. Third Edition. Woodcuts. Post 8vo.
78. 6d. CUNNINGHAM'S (ALLAN) Life of Sir David Wilkie. With his
Journals and Critical Remarks on Works of Art. Portrait. 3 Vols. 8vo. 42s.
CUNNINGHAM'S (ALLAN) Poems and Songs. Now first collected and arranged, with Biographical Notice. 24mo. 28. Gd.
----- (Capt. J. D.) History of the Sikhs. From the Origin of the Nation to the Battle of the Sutlej. Second Edition, Maps. 8vo. 158.
- (PETER) London-Past and Present. A Handbook to the Antiquities, Curiosities, Churches, Works of Art, Public Buildings, and Places connected with interesting and historical associations. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 168.
- Modern London. A complete Guide for Visitors to the Metropolis. Map. 16mo. 58.
---- Westminster Abbey. Its Art, Architecture, and Associations. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 1s.
- Works of Oliver Goldsmith. Edited with Notes. Vignettes. 4 vols. 8vo. 30s. (Murray's British Classics.)
- Lives of Eminent English Poets. By SAMUEL JOHNSON, LL.D. Edited with Notes. 3 vols. 8vo. 22s. 6d. (Murray's
British Classics.) CROKER'S (J. W.) Progressive Geography for Children.
Fifth Edition. 18mo. 1s. 6d.
- Stories for Children, Selected from the History of England. Fifteenth Edition. Woodcuts. 16mo. 2s. 6d. ---- Boswell's Life of Johnson. Including the Tour to the Hebrides. Third Edition. Portraits. Royal 8vo. 158.
- Lord HERVEY's Memoirs of the Reign of George the Second, from his Accession to the death of Queen Caroline. Edited with Notes. Second Edition. Portrait. 2 Vols. 8vo. 21s.
Essays on the Early Period of the French Revolution. Reprinted from the Quarterly Review. 8vo. 158.
· Historical Essay on the Guillotine. Fcap. 8vo. 1s. CROMWELL OLIVER) and John Bunyan. By ROBERT SOUTHEY.
Post 8vo. 28. 6d. CROWE’S (J. A.) Notices of the Early Flemish Painters; their
Lives and Works. Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 128. CURETON (Rev. W.) Remains of a very Ancient Recension of
the Four Gospels in Syriac, hitherto unknown in Europe. Discovered,
Edited, and Translated. 4to. 218. DARWIN'S (CHARLES) Journal of Researches into the Natural
History and Geology of the Countries visited during a Voyage round the
World. Post 8vo. 85. 62. DAVIS'S (Sir J. F.) China: A General Description of that Empire
and its Inhabitants, down to 1857. New Edition. Woodcuts. 2 Vols.
Post 8vo. 148. DAVY'S (SIR HUMPHRY) Consolations in Travel; or, Last Days
of a Philosopher. Fifth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 68.
-- Salmonia; or, Days of Fly Fishing. With some Account of the Habits of Fishes belonging to the genus Salmo. Fourth Edition.
Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 6s. DENNIS (GEORGE) Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria; or, the
extant Local Remains of Etruscan Art. Plates. 2 Vols. 8vo. 42s.