« ZurückWeiter »
LEAKE'S (COL. W. Martin) Topography of Athens, with Remarks
on its Antiquities; to which is added, the Demi of Attica. Second
Edition. Plates. 2 Vols. 8vo. 30s. - Travels in Northern Greece. Maps. 4 Vols. 8vo. 608.
- Disputed Questions of Ancient Geography. Map.
- Numismata Hellenica. A Catalogue of Greek Coins.
8vo. 38.6d. LETTERS FROŇ THE SHORES OF THE BALTIC. By a LADY. Post 8vo. 28. 6d.
- Madras; or, First Impressions of Life and Manners in India. By a LADY. Post 8vo. 2s.6d.
- Sierra Leone, written to Friends at Home. By a LADY. Edited by Mrs. NorTON. Post 8vo. 68.
- Head Quarters; or, The Realities of the War in the Crimea. By a STAFF OFFICER. Popular Edition. Plans.
Post 8vo. 6s. LEXINGTON (THE) PAPERS; or, Some Account of the Courts
of London and Vienna at the end of the 17th Century. Edited by Hon.
H. MANNERS SUTTON. 8vo. 14s.
West Indies. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
to the Establishment of the Empire. With the History of Literature and Art. Library Edition. 2 Vols. 8vo. 288.
- SCHOOL HISTORY OF ROME. Abridged from the Larger Work. Eighth Thousand. With 100 Woodcuts. Post 8vo.
78. 6d. (Uniform with Dr. Wm. Smith's HISTORY OF GREECE). LINDSAY'S (LORD) Lives of the Lindsays; or, a Memoir of the
Houses of Crawford and Balcarres. With Extracts from Official Papers and Personal Narratives. Second Edition. 3 Vols. 8vo. 245.
- Report of the Claim of James, Earl of Crawfurd and Balcarres, to the Original Dukedom of Montrose, created in 1488.
Folio. 158. LITTLE ARTHUR'S HISTORY OF ENGLAND. By LADY
CALLCOTT, Eighteenth Edition. With 20 Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 28. 6d.
LIVINGSTONE'S (Rev. DR.) Missionary Travels and Researches
in South Africa'; including a Sketch of Sixteen Years' Residence in the Interior of Africa, and a Journey from the Cape of Good Hope to Loanda on the West Coast; thence across the Continent, down the River Zambesi, to the Eastern Ocean. Thirtieth Thousand Map,
Plates, and Index, 8vo. 218. LIVONIAN TALES.–The Disponent.-The Wolves.—The Jewess.
By the Author of “Letters from the Baltic.” Post 8vo. 28. 60. LOCKHART'S (J. G.) Ancient Spanish Ballads. Historical and
Romantic. Translated, with Notes. Ilustrated Edition. 4to. 21s. Or,
- Life of Robert Burns. Fifth Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 38. LOUDON'S (Mrs.) Instructions in Gardening for Ladies. With
Directions and Calendar of Operations for Every Month. Eighth
- Modern Botany; a Popular Introduction to the
Natural System of Plants. Second Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 6s. LOWE'S (SIR Hudson) Letters and Journals, during the Captivity
of Napoleon at St. Helena. By WILLIAM FORSYTH, Portrait. 3 Vols.
8vo. 458. LUCKNOW: A Lady's Diary of the Siege. Written for Friends
at Home. Fourth Thousand. Fcap. 8vo. 43. 6d. LYELL'S (SIR CHARLES) Principles of Geology; or, the Modern
Changes of the Earth and its Inhabitants considered as illustrative of
- Manual of Elementary Geology; or, the Ancient Changes of the Earth and its Inhabitants illustrated by its Geological Monuments. Fifth Edition. Woodcuts. 8vo. 148.
-Visits to the United States, 1841-46. Second Edition.
Plates. 4 Vols. Post 8vo. 248. MAHON'S (LORD) History of England, from the Peace of Utrecht to the Peace of Versailles, 1713–83. Library Edition. 7 Vols. 8vo. 938.
Popular Edition. 7 Vols. Post 8vo. 358.
- “Forty-Five;" a Narrative of the Rebellion in Scotland. Post 8vo. 38.
- The Rise of our Indian Empire. Being the History of British India from its Origin till the Peace of 1783. Extracted from his “ History of England.” Post 8vo. 38. 6d.
-- History of the War of the Succession in Spain. Second Edition. Map. 8vo. 158.
- Spain under Charles the Second ; or, Extracts from the Correspondence of the Hon. ALEXANDER STÁNHOPE, British Minister at Madrid from 1690 to 1700. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 68. 6d.
– Life of Louis Prince of Condé, surnamed the Great, Post 8vo. 68.
Life of Belisarius. Second Edition. Post 8vo. 108. 6d.
Addresses Delivered at Manchester, Leeds, and Bir. mingham. Fcap. 8vo. 18.
MCCULLOCH'S (J. R.) Collected Edition of RICARDO's Political
Works. With Notes and Memoir. Second Edition. 8vo. 168. MALCOLM'S (Sir John) Sketches of Persia. Third Edition.
Post 8vo. 68. MANSEL'S (REV. H. L.) The Limits of Religious Thought
Examined. Being the Bampton Lectures for 1858. Second Edition.
8vo. 128. MANTELL'S (GIDEON A.) Thoughts on Animalcules; or, the
Invisible World, as revealed by the Microscope. Second Edition. Plates.
16mo. 6s. MANUAL OF SCIENTIFIC ENQUIRY, Prepared for the Use of
Officers and Travellers. By various Writers. Third Edition revised. Maps. Post 8vo. (Published by order of the Lords of the
Admiralty.) MARKHAM'S (Mrs.) History of England. From the First Inva
sion by the Romans, down to the fourteenth year of Queen Victoria's Reign. 98th Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 68.
- History of France. From the Conquest by the Gauls, to the Death of Louis Philippe. 58th Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 68.
-- History of Germany. From the Invasion by Marius, to the present time. 6th Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 68.
- School History of Greece. From the Earliest Times of the Roman Conquest. With the History of Literature and Art. By Dr. Wm. Smith. Sixteenth Thousand. Woodcuts. 12mo. 78. 6d. (Questions. 12mo. 28.)
School History of Rome, from the Earliest Times to the Establishment of the Empire. With the History of Literature and Art. By DEAN LIDDELL. Eighth Thousand. Woodcuts.
12mo. 78. 60. MARKLAND'S (J. H.) Reverence due to Holy Places. Third
Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 28. MARRYAT'S (JOSEPH) History of Modern and Mediæval Pottery
and Porcelain. With a Description of the Manufacture, a Glossary, and a List of Monograms. Second Edition. Plates and Woodcuts.
8vo. 31s. 6d. MATTHIÆ'S (AUGUSTUS) Greek Grammar for Schools. Abridged
from the Larger Grammar. By Blomfield. Ninth Edition. Revised by
EDWARDS. 12mo. 38. MAUREL'S (JULES) Essay on the Character, Actions, and Writings
of the Duke of Wellington. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 1s. 6d. MAWE'S (H. L.) Journal of a Passage from the Pacific to the
Atlantic, crossing the Andes in the Northeru Provinces of Peru, and
descending the great River Maranon. 8vo. 128. MAXIMS AND HINTS for an Angler, and the Miseries of
Fishing. By RICHARD PENN. New Edition. Woodcuts. 12mo. 18. MAYO'S (DR.) Pathology of the Human Mind. Fcap. 8vo. 58. 6d. MELVILLE'S (HERMANN) Typee and Omoo; or, Adventures
amongst the Marquesas and South Sea Islands. 2 Vols. Post 8vo.
MENDELSSOHN'S (FELIX BARTHOLDY) Life. By JULES BENEDICT.
8vo. 28. 6d. MEREDITH'S (MRS. CHARLES) Notes and Sketches of New Soutb Wales, during a Residence from 1839 to 1844. Post 8vo. 2s. 6d.
– Tasmania, during a Residence of Nine Years. With Illustrations. 2 Vols. Post 8vo. 188. MERRIFIELD (MRS.) on the Arts of Painting in Oil, Miniature,
Mosaic, and Glass ; Gilding, Dyeing, and the Preparation of Colours and Artificial Gems, described in several old Manuscripts. 2 Vols. 8vo.
30s. MILLS (ARTHUR) India in 1858; A Summary of the Existing
Administration-Political, Fiscal, and Judicial; with Laws and Public
Coloured Revenue Map. 8vo. 108.6d.
Notes. 8vo.-1. CLOUDS, 108.—2. WASPS, 108.—3. FROGS, 158. MILMAN'S (DEAN) History of Christianity, from the Birth of
Christ to the Extinction of Paganism in the Roman Empire. 3 Vols. 8vo. 368.
--History of Latin Christianity; including that of the Popes to the Pontificate of Nicholas V. Second Edition. 6 Vols. 8vo. 728.
Character and Conduct of the Apostles considered as an Evidence of Christianity. 8vo. 108. 6d.
- Life and Works of Horace. With 300 Woodcuts. New Edition. 2 Vols. Crown 8ro. 308.
Poetical Works. Plates. 3 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 188.
(Capt. E. A.) Wayside Cross ; or, the Raid of Gomez.
A Tale of the Carlist War. Post 8vo. 2s.6d. MODERN DOMESTIC COOKERY. Founded on Principles of
Economy and Practical Knowledge, and adapted for Private Families.
New Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. 8vo. 58. MOLTKE'S (BARON) Russian Campaigns on the Danube and the
Passage of the Balkan, 1828–9. Plans. 8vo. 148. MONASTERY AND THE MOUNTAIN CHURCH. By Author
of “Sunlight through the Mist.” Woodcuts. 16mo. 48. MOORE'S (THOMAS) Life and Letters of Lord Byron Cabinet
Edition. 6 Vols. Fcap. 8vo. 188.
- Life and Letters of Lord Byron. Popular Edition.
With Portrait and Vignette. One Volume. Royal 8vo. 12s. MOZLEY'S (Rev. J. B.) Treatise on the Augustinian Doctrine of
Predestination. 8vo. 148.
-Primitive Doctrine of Baptismal Regeneration. 8vo. 7s.6d. MUCK MANUAL (The) for the Use of Farmers. A Practical Treatise
on the Chemical Properties, Management, and Application of Manures. By FREDERICK FALKNER. Second Edition. Fcap. 8vo. 58.
MUNDY'S (Gen.) Pen and Pencil Sketches during a Tour
in India. Third Edition. Plates. Post 8vo. 78. 6d. MUNRO'S (GENERAL Sir Thomas) Life and Letters. By the Rev.
G. R. GLEIG. Post 8vo. 6s.
Mountains; Geologically Illustrated. With Coloured Maps, Plates,
- Siluria ; or, a History of the Oldest Rocks containing Organic Remains. Second Edition. Map and Plates. 8vo. MURRAY'S (CAPT. A.) Naval Life and Services of Admiral Sir
Philip Durham. 8vo. 58. 6d. MURRAY'S RAILWAY READING. For all classes of Readers.
[The following are published:] WELLINGTON. By LORD ELLES MERE. 60. / MAHON'S JOAN OF ARC. 18. NIMROD ON THE CHASE, 18.
HEAD'S EMIGRANT. 28. 6d. ESSAYS FROM "THE TIMES." 2 Vols. 88. NIMROD ON THE ROAD. 18. MUSIC AND DRESS. 18.
WILKINSON'S ANCIENT EGYPTIANS. 123. LAYARD'S ACCOUNT OF NINEVEI. 58.
CROKER ON THE GUILLOTINE. 18. MILMAN'S FALL OP JERUSALEM. 18.
HOLLWAY'S NORWAY. 28. MAHON'S "FORTY-FIVE." 38.
MAUREL's WELLINGTON. 18. 6d.
CAMPBELL'S LIFE OF BACON. 28. 6d.
LOCKHART'S SPANISH BALLADS. 28. 6d. JAMES' Æsop's FABLES. 28. 60.
LUCAS ON HISTORY. 6d. NIMROD ON THE TURY. 18. 6d.
BEAUTIES OP BYRON. 38. OLIPUANT'S NEPAUL. 28. 6d.
TAYLOR'S NOTES FROM LIFE. 28. ART OP DINING. 18. 6d.
REJECTED ADDRESSES. 18. BALLAM's LITERARY Essays. 28.
PKNN'S HINTS ON ANGLING, 18. MUSIC AND DRESS. Two Essays, by a Lady. Reprinted from
the“Quarterly Review.” Fcap. 8vo. 18. NAPIER’S (SIR WM.) English Battles and Sieges of the Peninsular
War. Third Edition. Portrait. Post 8vo. 108. 6d.
- Life and Opinions of General Sir Charles Napier ; chiefly derived from his Journals, Letters, and Familiar Correspon
dence. Second Edition. Portraits. 4 Vols. Post 8vo. 483. NAUTICAL ALMANACK (The). Royal 8vo. 2s. 6d. (Published
by Authority.) NAVY LIST (The Quarterly). (Published by Authority.)
Post 8vo. 28. 6d. NEWBOLD'S (LIEUT.) Straits of Malacca, Penang, and Singapore.
2 Vols. 8vo. 268. NEWDEGATE'S (C. N.) Customs? Tariffs of all Nations; collected
and arranged up to the year 1855. 4to. 308. NICHOLLS' (SIR GEORGE) History of the British Poor: Being
an Historical Account of the English, Scotch, and Irish Poor Law: in
The work may be had separately :-
- the Irish Poor. 8vo. 14s.
- the Scotch Poor. 8vo. 12s. -- (Rev. H. G.) FOREST OF DEAN. An Historical and Descriptive Account, derived from Personal Observation and other Sources, Public, Private, Legendary, and Local Woodcuts, &c. Post 8vo. 10s. 60.